Acne is one of the common skin problems that can occur at any age but the teenagers are the most affected by it. Acne occurs if the hair follicles are clogged with dead skin cells or oil. Other skin conditions like pimples, blackheads, and whiteheads are related to it. Acnes are slow to go away and they leave a scar on the face. Different people have different levels of acne problems. If it is bad, a new batch of acne starts to appear as soon as the one before heals away. If the condition gets worse it can cause emotional distress in the patient. However, there are many effective treatments for acne that can give you clear and healthy skin. The sooner you start treating, the sooner it heals without leaving any scar. Here are some of the tips to deal with acne. You should follow these tips with close consultation to your dermatologist who knows your skin type.
- Don’t touch it!: The thing you can do to your acne is rubbing, scratching, pressing or trying to pop it. Squeezing it can send bacteria further into the skin that can worsen the condition. Moreover, our hands and fingernails are almost always full of bacteria and touching acne with hands full of bacteria can aggravate it and leave a lasting scar.
- Wipe the sweat off the face frequently during workout: Sweat contains bacteria too. Wiping sweat continuously will keep it from getting in the hair frolics and clogging them.
- Adopt a more hygienic lifestyle: Staying away from bacteria is the key to prevent acne breakouts. Adopting hygienic habits like thoroughly washing your face daily, regularly changing pillowcases, keeping the phone screen sterile and changing your towel.
- Stay away from carbohydrate-rich food: Studies have shown that certain diets intensify acne problems. Foods like skim milk, bagel, bread, and chips may worsen the the problem as they are rich in carbohydrates. However, there is a need for more research in this regard to know this for a fact.
- Be careful what you apply to your face: Search well before applying new makeup products on your face and be sure that it does not clog in the pores of the skin. Avoid makeup before workout.
- Washing your face at least twice a day can help in your war against acne. Avoid over-exfoliating when washing your face as scrubbing with grainy cleansers and other exfoliating products can cause irritation, inflammation and redness.